Every product that we invest in has a life expectancy and anything that leads to the loss of the same is loss for us since we plan our finances accordingly. Therefore to save us from these abrupt loses the concept of insurance was introduced and now it has become so popular that nowadays even intangible things like a dancer’s legs and a singer’s voice are also insured, that’s fair enough since people do invest in things like those as well.
Now insurance also has become a market and there is much competition as to who will turn out to be the biggest insurance company and as customers, we are always in the look out for the best bargain, like the lowest interest rate or the lowest monthly payment.
Vehicle insurance is the hottest thing out there and everybody is trying to lay their hands on the best deal with the best company. Let me give you some simple tips, which you should keep in mind while getting your car insurance.
Low Budget Car Insurance
To get affordable budget car insurance there are simple things that are to be taken into consideration which are as follows:
- Always check with more than one establishment to get the car insurance because there is an approximate difference of $500 between quotes of the most expensive and the ordinary insurance company which actually means that you end up paying premium of the same amount if you do not do a proper market research.
- Always consult a non-exclusive insurance agent so that he can give you a deal that is best for you and not the company.
- If you are buying a used vehicle try and avoid taking a collision coverage, specifically a vehicle that has been on road for more than 4 years.
- If you are taking other add-ons like towing, medical, rental coverage, get it on another policy since that would help you to keep things sorted out and also help in availing the multiple insurance discount benefit.
- Always check whether you are liable for discount because of the anti-theft system in your vehicle or being a student with commendable grades or a AAA member or you might be a non-smoker and/or a non-drinker that gives you an edge over others.
- Check if the insurance company gives you any discount for buying two or more insurance policies as most of the companies do provide you a benefit if there is more than one policy or if you have been a long time customer.
- You can also increase your deductible to lower your down the cost of policy but then you should have fiscal strength enough to pay it when the time comes. Doubling the deductible decreases the policy amount by approximately 10%.
- Drive less so that you can avail the low-mileage discount, you can avoid driving for business purposes since work-related driving generates more premium than pleasure driving.
- Since taxes vary from one area to the other (taxes fluctuate with the change in zip code), try and garage your vehicle in an area where there are less chances of the vehicle being vandalized or involved in an accident. One important piece of information is that keep your car in a garage where it’s safer.
- Last but not the least is to buy a low profile car since these are less likely targets of theft and vandalism. Moreover SUVs and high performance cars are at high risk of accident since drivers of such vehicles tend to drive faster. Consequently these owners pay higher premium than owners of Sedan or Dodge.
These are the things that you need to find out when you are buying the insurance but there are things that you always need to be careful about since it will play a role whenever you are trying to buy insurance irrespective of the product you are trying to insure, like your past insurance pay off records which will also reflect on your credit rating, secondly number of parking tickets you have received due to traffic violations.I hope this article helps you to get at least some idea regarding how you might get an affordable car insurance and the criteria you need to meet to get the same.